Applicable to all biomass ISCC helps organizations to demonstrate responsibility towards:
- Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emission (GHG)
- Sustainable land use
- Protection of natural biospheres
The ISCC certification scopes distinguish the following supply chain acctors:
- Primary producers, certification not mandatory (farm, plantations, points of origin of waste and residues).
- First gathering points/collecting points.
- Conversion units (output intermediate products or final fuel)
- Traders of raw/intermediate materials or final fuel