ISO 14064 - Green House Gas Emission Verification
GHG emissions validation and verification may be pursued by an organization for a number of reasons such as to contribute to their annual report, to communicate to their customer, to meet regulatory or investor reporting requirements, or publicly disclose their emission reduction achievements. In many cases those disclosure are required to be assured by an independent third party. Furthermore, organizations seek third-party validation to ensure their current GHG emissions inventory aligns with inventory and reporting standards, frameworks and requirements. Emissions factors, calculations and disclosure regulations are continuously evolving and Trans Certification ensures your organisation is appropriately inventorying and reporting your GHG emissions data..
The following steps describe the general process for GHG emissions verification.
- Review initially provided information and prepare additional request for information
- Prepare verification plan based on goals, materiality and boundaries of the project.
- Facilitate kick-off meeting and interviews with key stakeholders in the organization.
- Assess completeness, accuracy, consistency and management of organization’s sustainability data.
- Prepare comments log which identifies observations, corrective action and requests for information.
- Prepare and issue a GHG emissions verification report.
- Prepare and issue an independent assurance statement in accordance with the assurance standard.