About ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety System
ISO 45001:2018 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance.
ISO 45001:2018 is applicable to any organization that wishes to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities.
ISO 45001:2018 helps an organization to achieve the intended outcomes of its OH&S management system. Consistent with the organization’s OH&S policy, the intended outcomes of an OH&S management system include:
a) continual improvement of OH&S performance;
b) fulfilment of legal requirements and other requirements;
c) achievement of OH&S objectives.
ISO 45001:2018 is applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and activities. It is applicable to the OH&S risks under the organization’s control, taking into account factors such as the context in which the organization operates and the needs and expectations of its workers and other interested parties.
ISO 45001:2018 does not state specific criteria for OH&S performance, nor is it prescriptive about the design of an OH&S management system.
ISO 45001:2018 enables an organization, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing.
ISO 45001:2018 does not address issues such as product safety, property damage or environmental impacts, beyond the risks to workers and other relevant interested parties.
ISO 45001:2018 can be used in whole or in part to systematically improve occupational health and safety management. However, claims of conformity to this document are not acceptable unless all its requirements are incorporated into an organization’s OH&S management system and fulfilled without exclusion.
Benefits of ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety System
- Prevent work-related injuries, illnesses, and death.
- Motivate and engage staff to promote health, safety and competency across organisations.
- Provide safe and healthy workplaces.
- Improve occupational health and safety performances and effectiveness.
- Demonstrate corporate responsibility, including compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Why Trans Certification International Sdn Bhd?
- We have Ongoing accreditation by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA).
- We collaborate with the Rina Services Spa italy with international certification organisations to have global market access.
- Our highly experienced and professional auditors are competent in a wide range of sectors.
- We offer the option of combined certification audits of two or more management systems (Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety) to minimise disruption to your organisation
Please contact us by filling up form https://transcert.com.my/request-for-quotation/ or call +60139108724 or email us at email@example.com